A practical one day workshop packed with ideas & resources to increase confidence & knowledge of music making & singing with babies & young children from 0-5 years of age.
Who is it for?
Anyone who works, or intends to work with this age group and wants to develop their understanding and skills ~ no musical expertise necessary.
What will you gain from the day?
- information, ideas and resources to take away
- increased confidence through a better understanding of how to use singing games and rhymes to support musical and holistic development with links to the EYFS framework
- the development of knowledge, skills and understanding re:
- selecting quality songs and rhymes
- planning, structure & delivery of music sessions
- using songs and rhymes appropriately for different age groups including babies
- an enjoyable day full of practical learning.
Comments from previous workshops:
"Interactive & fun for all"
"Full of ideas I can take away with me"
"Far beyond expectations, This was a super day"
"Good ideas, new songs, more confidence"
"Very practical course well delivered and easily understood"
"I was really enthused by this course and learnt so much"
Zoe Greenhalgh is an early childhood music educator, author, consultant and researcher with wide experience of working with babies, children, parents, carers and educators in a variety of settings. Well known for her work in the North West, she also has a national reputation as a consultant, workshop provider and author; her book ‘Music and Singing in the Early Years” (Routledge 2018) has been well received. Zoe is a Director of Note Weavers, Course Director of the Certificate for Music Educators: Early Childhood (CME:EC) at the Centre for Research in Early Childhood (CREC), and Associate Tutor in Early Years Education at Edge Hill University.