Thursday 18 June @ 7.30pm (100 mins) at your house | £2 (min donation)
Things the show will include:
- There will be a headline spot from Dizraeli, where Hip-hop, spoken word and folk combine in the body of the man, a socially conscious wordsmith whose gaze is forever fixed on a better world. One of the most exciting, heartfelt and stunning artists in the UK and we are so thrilled to have him join us at Rainbow Fish.
- Liv Torc will host with the power to mute you all at will!
- Mark Heylar from Take Art will bring the music
- The Word/Play group will perform
- There will be an open mic with spots available for anyone with an original poem to share. (Book with Liv early to get on the bill.)
- We will be making an audience poem live on the night.
- In honour of Mental Health Awareness Week - we will have a Haiflu round for people to share their Coronavirus Haikus on the theme of Acts of Kindness
- As ever the broken and the beautiful and all their friends are invited.
- We ask you to make your own shakers with a Rainbow Fish theme and help us create a special ‘we are all shaking together’ atmosphere.
The show comes out of Take Art's 'performance poetry on prescription' Word/Play project, which helps adults with mental health or learning challenges find new ways to talk about their lives.
In order to help us with our admin, we ask you to book online and make a small donation of a minimum of £2, before we send you the link to the event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot
How to get there: (RULES OF ZOOM)
- You will need a desktop computer, tablet or smart phone with built in phone and good internet access. Use a desktop where possible for a better quality experience.
- The link to this live Rainbow Fish event will be given to you when you book your ticket.
- When you have the link click no more than 5 mins before the show is due to start but still give yourself those minutes, so you can download Zoom (if you haven't already) and faff about getting it to work. You will also need to download the Zoom app on tablets and smart phones.
- When it gives you the option turn on your computer audio and mic. To turn on picture on desktops go to the little camera at the bottom left of the Zoom screen to activate the video. For tablets and smart phones tap the screen and menu options appear in the middle.
- Switch your screen to gallery or grid so you can see everyone. Top right desktops, top left tablets/smartphones. Unless you just want to see yourself! (A mirror is also good for this).
- Turn off your phone and all other audio distractions (such as Netflix or political broadcasts), as we don’t want to hear them.
- Make sure we can see you, black boxes without faces are a bit weird online. It’s like you are sitting at a gig in a balaclava.
- Only come if you are committed to the success of the event and the safety of everyone involved. Anyone with a different agenda will be bounced.
Remember this special ‘Lock In’ event is for the benefit of all our hearts, souls and mental health!