What does Take Art do?
Take Art is a unique, life-changing organisation that doesn’t live in a venue, or studio or a whacking great theatre but in the villages, towns and rural communities of Somerset.
Every year we work with thousands of people across the county, providing opportunities for all ages and abilities to experience, participate and work within the arts. From our hub in South Petherton we run one of the UK’s most celebrated rural touring schemes, along with county-wide projects that focus on supporting artists, children, young people and communities.
Get to know us and learn about the work we do by watching our short feature film below.
Take Art aims to:
- Make arts experiences of the highest quality accessible to all communities within Somerset
- Create opportunities within the county for artists and their work to flourish
- Develop new opportunities for individuals to participate in as well as observe, appreciate and enjoy the arts
- Promote the arts as an agent of development and change for both individuals and communities
- Foster links with participatory and other agencies working on a regional and international level, as well as a local level
Areas of work are:
Performance - Participation - Professional Development - Advocacy & Advice - Research & Development
Take Art is funded by Arts Council England, Somerset Council, Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Esmee Fairbairn Foundation, and Youth Music.