What Does Take Art Do?
In case you didn’t know, Take Art is a unique, magical, life-changing organisation that doesn’t live in a venue, or studio or a whacking great theatre but in the villages, towns and rural communities of Somerset.
Every year we work with thousands of
people across the county, providing
opportunities for all ages and abilities to
experience, participate and work within the
arts. From our hub in South Petherton we
run one of the UK’s most celebrated rural
touring schemes, along with county-wide
projects that focus on supporting artists,
children, young people and communities....
Take Art Aims to:
- Make arts experiences of the highest quality accessible to all communities within Somerset
- Create opportunities within the county for artists and their work to flourish
- Develop new opportunities for individuals to participate in as well as observe, appreciate and enjoy the arts.
- Promote the arts as an agent of development and change for both individuals and communities.
- Foster links with participatory and other agencies working on a regional and international level, as well as a local level.
Areas of work are:
- Performance - Participation - Professional Development
- Advocacy, Advice and Information - Research and Development
Take Art is core-funded by Arts Council England, South Somerset District Council and Taunton Deane Borough Council.