As ever the broken and the beautiful and all their friends are invited.
- Liv Torc will host with the power to mute you all at will!
- A headline spot from the wonderful word weaver Kat Lyons, joining us from Bristol
- The Rainbow Fish workshop group will perform
- There will be an open mic with spots available for anyone with an original poem to share. (Book with Liv early to get on the bill.)
- We will be making an audience poem live on the night
- Bring your own shakers, so we can create a ‘we are all shaking together’ atmosphere
The show comes out of Take Art's performance poetry on prescription Word/Play project, which helps adults with mental health or learning challenges find new ways to talk about their lives.
About Kat Lyons
Kat is a Bristol-based poet, storyteller, writer and performer. They won both the 2019 Milk Poetry Superslam and the 2019 Lyra: Bristol Poetry Festival Slam, supported Joelle Taylor at Lyra: Bristol Poetry Festival 2020, and have performed at poetry events and festivals across the UK, including WOMAD, Shambala and the Eden Project. Their work has been published in Under the Radar, Bath Magg and Ink Sweat and Tears, with a debut collection forthcoming in 2022 from Verve Poetry Press.
Their poetry mixes serious subjects with a light touch, exploring themes as diverse as mass extinction, ageing, the #metoo movement, and grief-induced bad haircuts. Kat is currently developing a solo spoken word theatre show exploring gender, age and menopause, as well as a series of spoken word events to platform older women’s voices and experiences.
They believe that poetry is relevant to everyone, and that everyone has a story to tell, and a voice worth hearing.
Follow Kat on Instagram @wordsandweeds
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot or request the link sent on the day.