As ever the broken and the beautiful and all their friends are invited.
- Liv Torc will host with the power to mute you all at will!
- A headline spot from the jaw aching genius Chris White
- The Word/Play group will perform
- The Spork-Up Emerging South West Artists will share a poem
- There will be an open mic with spots available for anyone with an original poem to share. (Book with Liv early to get on the bill.)
- We will be making an audience poem live on the night
- Bring your own shakers, if you like, and adorn yourself with a Rainbow Fish theme, If you are bored and want an excuse to dress up… so we can create a ‘we are all shaking together’ atmosphere
The show comes out of Take Art's 'performance poetry on prescription' Word/Play project, which helps adults with mental health or learning challenges find new ways to talk about their lives.
About Chris White
About Chris White Chris White is a poet, performer and submerging artist festering in Devon. With a passion for making poetry that's fun and accessible, Chris has performed his work nationally at festivals and spoken-word nights from Tongue Fu to Latitude.
He regularly makes full-length shows which he's taken to the Theatre Royal Plymouth, Camden People's Theatre and Cambridge Junction. In his silly and surreal way he often talks about class, queerness and identity. He's won multiple slams, came 3rd in last year's Roundhouse London Slam and is a former Bard of Exeter. He's also the creator of a regular poetry night called Spork!
Please email email@example.com to book a slot or to request the link sent on the day.