As ever the broken and the beautiful and all their friends are invited.
- Liv Torc will host with the power to mute you all at will!
- A headline spot from the utterly awesome Kate Fox, who will be joining us from North Yorkshire.
- The Rainbow Fish workshop group will perform
- There will be an open mic with spots available for anyone with an original poem to share. (Book with Liv early to get on the bill.)
- We will be making an audience poem live on the night
- Bring your own shakers, so we can create a ‘we are all shaking together’ atmosphere
The show comes out of Take Art's performance poetry on prescription Word/Play project, which helps adults with mental health or learning challenges find new ways to talk about their lives.
About Kate Fox
Kate Fox is a stand up poet who is a regular on Radio 4 & Radio 3’s The Verb. She’s been Poet in Residence for the Great North Run, Glastonbury Festival and Tour de Yorkshire.
She’s toured and performed shows about Northern English women, Doctor Who’s connection to autism (she is autistic herself), being in-between social classes and not wanting children.
Books include The Oscillations (Nine Arches, 2021) and Chronotopia (Burning Eye, 2017). She occasionally pops up doing poems on telly, and surreally captained Loughborough University’s Christmas University Challenge team in 2020 which was the weirdest end to the weirdest year.
Email email@example.com to book a slot or request the link sent on the day.