As ever the broken and the beautiful and all their friends are invited.
- Liv Torc will host with the power to mute you all at will!
- We have a headline spot from the 'I can't look away from the gorgeousness' Clare Ferguson-Walker
- The Word/Play group will perform
- There will be an open mic with spots available for anyone with an original poem to share (book with Liv early to get on the bill)
- We will be making an audience poem live on the night
- Bring your own shakers, if you like, and adorn yourself with a Rainbow Fish theme, If you are bored and want an excuse to dress up… so we can create a ‘we are all shaking together’ atmosphere
- The show comes out of Take Art's 'performance poetry on prescription' Word/Play project, which helps adults with mental health or learning challenges find new ways to talk about their lives.
About Clare Ferguson-Walker
Clare Ferguson-Walker is a multi award winning performance poet and comedienne whose 5 star spoken word show has toured the Uk's theatres and festivals including the London Paladium and Glastonbury Festival. A regular performer with John Cooper Clarke, who describes her as "Funny as F**k" and with Phil Jupitus who describes her as "Absurdly talented"... Clare's quirky observations and fearless delivery make for a memorable experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot at the open mic, or to request the link sent on the day.