If you wish to perform at Spring Forward 2020 please complete an Expression of Interest Form by no later than Friday 4 January 2020. You will then be sent an application form to complete with details of the piece/s you wish to perform, please send back to us by Friday 31 January 2020.
Before you submit an application please read the following information carefully.
- Applications close on Friday 31 January 2020, we regret that we cannot accept submissions after this date.
- Applicants will be able to apply to take part in both two platforms and will be able to submit a maximum of two pieces for each show. We cannot guarantee that all your pieces will be accepted but we will endeavor to programme fairly across all two-platform events. In the same instance we reserve the right to programme additional pieces to create a balanced programme.
- Whilst we welcome applications from South West groups beyond Somerset, applications from groups based within the county will be given priority
- Please make sure all pieces are suitable for a family audience and each piece is no longer than 6 minutes.
- Due to the timings of the performance (usually 7pm - 9pm) the recommended age limit for Spring Forward performers is 7 years and above.
- We will notify you of the outcome of your submission by Monday 10 February 2020.
- We appreciate that your piece may be in the early stages of development but you will still need to provide a short summary of the work, to be used in the printed programme and marketing material for audiences on the night.
If your application is successful:
- You will be sent a request for technical information about your piece/s, including lighting info and music files to be sent back to us no later than 25 February 2020. Due to the sheer logistical scale of this event, any technical information received after this deadline may result in us being unable to programme your piece in the show.
- Tech rehearsals will run from 2pm on the day of performances and are a crucial part of making Spring Forward successful. You will not receive information about your tech rehearsal time before Monday 10 February 2020, so please make sure all group members are prepared to be available from 2pm. If you are allocated an earlier tech time you are welcome to wait in the venue for the afternoon but we would suggest you make other plans for something to do nearby whilst you’re waiting as it can be a long day for those teching early. Unfortunately if you can’t commit to the tech rehearsal you will be unable to take part in this year’s festival.
- Group leaders are responsible at all times for all of their participants before, during and after the technical rehearsals and the performance. Children under the age of 5 years will not be allowed in the auditorium due to health and safety risks.
- We do not currently ask for an application/administration fee from groups taking part. Spring Forward showcases are made financially viable by ticket sales to members of the public. Therefore we appreciate the support of groups taking part to promote ticket sales leading up to the event.