10.30AM - 5PM: THE DAY WILL INCLUDE
Discussion around current creative approaches from Music Services / Music Education Hubs who are already working with their EYs Local Authority to embed a sustainable programme of Early Childhood Music Education work.
Exploring partnerships with networks and organisations.
A chance to get to grips with how diverse and complex the early childhood [music] sector is and how this differs from schools provision.
Further opportunities to increase your knowledge of Early Years music practice so that you are able to judge the quality of early childhood musical learning and teaching to make informed decisions.
CONTRIBUTORS & KEY NOTES
- Dr Susan Young (Author, Speaker, Chair of MERYC England)
- Stuart Whatmore (Tri-borough Music Hub)
- Fiona Pendreigh (Chair MEC / Plymouth Music Education Hub)
- Nicola Burke (EYFS Strategic Lead - Tri-borough Music Hub, Author, CME:EC Course Director)
- Bridget Whyte (CEO, Music Mark)
- Gareth Churcher, Ann Stott & Emily Garrod (Cornwall Music Service Trust)
- Julia Roderick, Laurie Stewart & Phil Castang (Bristol Plays Music)
- Zoe Greenhalgh (Note Weavers, CME:EC Course Director, Author, Edge Hill University)
- Dr Jessica Pitt (Magic Acorns, Lecturer in Music Education Royal College of Music, Tri-Music Together Evaluator)
- Sylvie Campen Johnson/ Claire Tudge (Relationship Managers, Music Education Hubs, Arts Council England, South West)
- Zoe Kilb (Grants and Learning Officer, Youth Music)
- Jane Parker (Early Years Music Lead Take Art: The SoundWaves Network, CME: Course Director)
- Gina Westbrook (Early Years Director, Take Art)
- Jude Cummins (CME:EC student & Plymouth Music Education Hub)
The provisional programme will be uploaded here as it develops!
The ticket cost is £95 for organisations with a turnover of more than £100k. Subsidised tickets are priced at £50 for organisations with a turnover of less than £100k.
FIND MORE EVENTS LIKE THIS
Early Years events for MEHs and Music Services across the country
This is one of several national events being organised. For more in your area, please click here.