- NewsTake Art brings amazing theatre experiences to hundreds of young children in West Somerset.
During March, over 800 Early Years children in West Somerset took part in Take Art's fantastic theatre project Hopping Higher. The pioneering initiative supported schools to host an original show in their own setting or village hall, enabling more people to experience local live performances.More info
- NewsVolunteers Needed for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver showcase events at a bigger, bolder, more inclusive Spring Forward this March.More info
- NewsTake Art leaps, smooches and swaggers into 2019
A New Year approaches and with it the launch of our 2019 Jan-Jun programme. Check out all the brilliant shows and projects happening on your doorstep and in your community.More info
- NewsApplications for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
Take Art would like to encourage dance groups from all over Somerset and a few from the South West to apply to our bigger, bolder and more inclusive dance platform, taking place over three nights in March 2019.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches 2018 Autumn Season of Shows, Training and Workshops
Welcome to our new season of events and activity here at Take Art and throughout Somerset.More info
- NewsExciting New West Somerset Dance Project
We caught up with Stacked Wonky’s Artistic Director Sarah Shorten to find out all about their exciting new dance project with National Youth Dance Company (NYDC).More info
- NewsOpportunity: UK Dance Artists Wanted to Create New Work for Rural Audiences
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative 2 (2018 – 2021) is looking to commission new and adapted work from UK dance companies, specifically for rural touring. Applications now open!More info
- NewsIMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! SNOW SHOW.
ALL OF OUR WEEKEND SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SNOW. Please click here to find out more.More info
- NewsTHE ULTIMATE YOUTH DANCE PLATFORM
Over the next two weeks 450 young people from Somerset and the South West will be performing as part of Take Art’s long running youth dance platform Spring Forward.More info
- NewsTake Art awarded four more years of NPO Arts Council Funding
Take Art is incredibly pleased to announce that the organisation has retained its Arts Council National Portfolio Funding for 2018-2022. This award of £641,700 (£160,425 per annum) will enable us to continue to grow our vital work within the county, bringing quality performances and life changing creative opportunities and experiences to Somerset people and communities.More info
- NewsJob Opportuntity: Dance Director at Take Art
Take Art is looking to recruit a Dance Director. This is a permanent post, subject to core funding. The job is a 4-day a week position (29.6 hours), including some evening and weekend work. Salary up to £30,900 pro rata (£24,720) based on experience. Read more here...More info
- NewsDance on Tour!
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative is coming to a village near you, as the first shows start touring around Somerset and the UK. Dates Now Released!More info