- NewsJoin the RURITAGE photo contest!
Do you want to show the world what makes Somerset special? Then take part in the RURITAGE Photo Contest! It is a unique opportunity for local communities to showcase the potential of our natural and cultural heritage.More info
- NewsOne Minute Theatre Festival: 2nd Call Out
A call to the creative community of Somerset: could you create a one minute performance (song, dance, monologue, puppetry, mime, poem, etc) and capture it on video/mobile/tablet/laptop?More info
- NewsOne Minute Festival - 1st Call Out (Now Closed)
A call to the creative community of Somerset: could you create a one minute performance (song, dance, monologue, puppetry, mime, poem, etc) and capture it on video/mobile/tablet/laptop? If so, find out more here!More info
- NewsCovid-19 Support for Artists
As the impact of Coronavirus unfolds, we wish to support artists and companies as much as possible. Here are some of the things we are doing.More info
- NewsIn 2020 Spring Forward unites with U.Dance for the best Take Art Dance Festival Ever
Now in its 15th year, Spring Forward Dance Festival is back with an unrivaled offering to the entire Somerset and South West dance community, featuring three fabulous platform events, one of which will be the U.Dance regional showcase.More info
- NewsA New Year Means a New Take Art Brochure
The Jan-June 2020 Take Art Brochure has arrived. Read it online here, or order a copy for your home.More info
- NewsFood and the Arts: A Marriage Made in Somerset
Take Art to launch the UK leg of International project Ruritage, aiming to support the rural areas of Crewkerne, Chard, South Petherton and Ilminster through a celebration of food and the arts.More info
- NewsLittle Big Dance - Artist Call Out!
New Opportuntity for SW Dance Companies/Artist in a major new national dance programme, launched to create a new blueprint for working with pre-school children.More info
- NewsCountryfile Exposes the Funding Crisis in Rural Areas
Watch the BBC Countryfile film on Arts in rural areas. “Art fights loneliness and isolation really well and local theatres and arts centre, it’s exactly the sort of thing we stand for. It’s not posh stuff in the evening, it’s social glue.” Actor Samuel West More info
- NewsWord/Play makes it onto the BBC!
Take Art's amazing social prescribing Word/Play project had a blast of publicity last week when it made it onto BBC Somerset online and BBC Radio Somerset. Check out the story here.More info
- NewsVolunteers Needed for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver showcase events at a bigger, bolder, more inclusive Spring Forward this March.More info
- NewsApplications for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
Take Art would like to encourage dance groups from all over Somerset and a few from the South West to apply to our bigger, bolder and more inclusive dance platform, taking place over three nights in March 2019.More info