- NewsA New Year Means a New Take Art Brochure
The Jan-June 2020 Take Art Brochure has arrived. Read it online here, or order a copy for your home.More info
- NewsFood and the Arts: A Marriage Made in Somerset
Take Art to launch the UK leg of International project Ruritage, aiming to support the rural areas of Crewkerne, Chard, South Petherton and Ilminster through a celebration of food and the arts.More info
- NewsIn 2020 Spring Forward unites with U.Dance for the best Take Art Dance Festival Ever
Now in its 15th year, Spring Forward Dance Festival is back with an unrivaled offering to the entire Somerset and South West dance community, featuring three fabulous platform events, one of which will be the U.Dance regional showcase.More info
- NewsLittle Big Dance - Artist Call Out!
New Opportuntity for SW Dance Companies/Artist in a major new national dance programme, launched to create a new blueprint for working with pre-school children.More info
- NewsCountryfile Exposes the Funding Crisis in Rural Areas
Watch the BBC Countryfile film on Arts in rural areas. “Art fights loneliness and isolation really well and local theatres and arts centre, it’s exactly the sort of thing we stand for. It’s not posh stuff in the evening, it’s social glue.” Actor Samuel West More info
- NewsWord/Play makes it onto the BBC!
Take Art's amazing social prescribing Word/Play project had a blast of publicity last week when it made it onto BBC Somerset online and BBC Radio Somerset. Check out the story here.More info
- NewsVolunteers Needed for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver showcase events at a bigger, bolder, more inclusive Spring Forward this March.More info
- NewsApplications for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
Take Art would like to encourage dance groups from all over Somerset and a few from the South West to apply to our bigger, bolder and more inclusive dance platform, taking place over three nights in March 2019.More info
- NewsIt's the New Take Art Website: Tell Us What You Think
We are all very excited at Take Art because we have a new look, feel and do website - and this is it! The new website, which has been created with you in mind, first went live in April 2018 and we have been tinkering about ever since - and we think we are nearly there. Now we just need you to have a look and tell us what you think.More info
- NewsTHE ULTIMATE YOUTH DANCE PLATFORM
Over the next two weeks 450 young people from Somerset and the South West will be performing as part of Take Art’s long running youth dance platform Spring Forward.More info
- NewsApply to take part in the Rural Dance Touring Initiative
We are looking for existing dance shows or shows in the making for our 2017/18 Rural Touring Season. Find out more here...More info
- NewsSpring Forward Festival 2016 is nearly here!
A spectacular festival throughout February and March celebrating youth dance in SomersetMore info