- NewsTake Art leaps, smooches and swaggers into 2019
A New Year approaches and with it the launch of our 2019 Jan-Jun programme. Check out all the brilliant shows and projects happening on your doorstep and in your community.More info
- NewsBARNfest October 2018
Save the Date. A small-scale festival showcasing theatre made in Somerset and the South West on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 October 218 in and around The Brewhouse, Taunton.More info
- NewsThree new podcasts on why Performance Poetry leads to better mental health.
My husband said “what’s poetry got to do with you being ill?” And I said, “Surprisingly a lot actually.” Celebrating positive mental health and the power of poetry... listen to the podcastsMore info
- NewsIMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! SNOW SHOW.
ALL OF OUR WEEKEND SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SNOW. Please click here to find out more.More info
- NewsApply for your Hopper Passport Here
Are you an Early Years artist or practitioner? Would you like a heavily discounted pass to some of the brilliant Early Years Theatre shows on our forthcoming Hopper Tour?More info
- NewsROUND 2: Barn Theatre Initiative Grant Applications.
Take Art is welcoming a new round of applications for their Barn Theatre Initiative, aimed at providing financial and professional support for the ideas, shows and projects of the Somerset Theatre community...More info
- NewsRe-imagining Taunton in Poetry
What could Taunton to be like in 10 years? Well Word/Play gathered together some local poets at Taunton Library on Friday 2 June, and with the help of performance poets Liv Torc and David Reakes, asked them just that... The mission was to write words, soundbites, poems, rants and aspirations that could help inform the Cultural Plan for Taunton.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches New Theatre Initiative BARN
We are delighted to launch BARN, a three-year initiative that supports Somerset’s emerging theatre-making sector to develop, test and showcase new work in a predominantly rural context.More info
- NewsInspirED launch their new 2016 Offer
InspirED is dedicated to ensuring that children and young people in Somerset benefit from the visual and performing arts in their education... Find out about the 2016 InspirED Somerset offer here.More info
- NewsAvril Silk Reviews Playing Maggie...
Take Art and Pip Utton have brought professional, provocative theatre to a rural location. Rejoice.More info
- NewsSouth West Theatre Symposium: How can we work together to effect change?
Take Art joined Salisbury Playhouse, Theatre Bristol and Activate Performing Arts to initiate discussions between those working in theatre in the South West at the launch of Theatre Fest West in Salisbury on Friday 18 March.More info
- NewsLove Your Town – Trading Local
A new community arts project will bring theatrical performances into shops in Burnham-On-Sea this SpringMore info