- NewsOur Chief Executive Ralph Lister talks to Arts Professional
With metropolitan bias prevailing at both a national and European level, the best hope for rural arts organisations lies in collaboration, argues Ralph Lister. Read the full article here.More info
- NewsThe Rural Touring Dance Initiative makes it into The Stage!
News from The Stage! With Rural Touring Dance Initiative, contemporary dance heads to the UK’s furthest corners – read The Stage interview with choreographers and organisers about the challenges and rewards of touring to far-flung places.More info
- NewsTake Art brings amazing theatre experiences to hundreds of young children in West Somerset.
During March, over 800 Early Years children in West Somerset took part in Take Art's fantastic theatre project Hopping Higher. The pioneering initiative supported schools to host an original show in their own setting or village hall, enabling more people to experience local live performances.More info
- NewsWord/Play makes it onto the BBC!
Take Art's amazing social prescribing Word/Play project had a blast of publicity last week when it made it onto BBC Somerset online and BBC Radio Somerset. Check out the story here.More info
- NewsTake Art leaps, smooches and swaggers into 2019
A New Year approaches and with it the launch of our 2019 Jan-Jun programme. Check out all the brilliant shows and projects happening on your doorstep and in your community.More info
- NewsBARNfest October 2018
Save the Date. A small-scale festival showcasing theatre made in Somerset and the South West on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 October 218 in and around The Brewhouse, Taunton.More info
- NewsThree new podcasts on why Performance Poetry leads to better mental health.
My husband said “what’s poetry got to do with you being ill?” And I said, “Surprisingly a lot actually.” Celebrating positive mental health and the power of poetry... listen to the podcastsMore info
- NewsIMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! SNOW SHOW.
ALL OF OUR WEEKEND SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SNOW. Please click here to find out more.More info
- NewsApply for your Hopper Passport Here
Are you an Early Years artist or practitioner? Would you like a heavily discounted pass to some of the brilliant Early Years Theatre shows on our forthcoming Hopper Tour?More info
- NewsROUND 2: Barn Theatre Initiative Grant Applications.
Take Art is welcoming a new round of applications for their Barn Theatre Initiative, aimed at providing financial and professional support for the ideas, shows and projects of the Somerset Theatre community...More info
- NewsRe-imagining Taunton in Poetry
What could Taunton to be like in 10 years? Well Word/Play gathered together some local poets at Taunton Library on Friday 2 June, and with the help of performance poets Liv Torc and David Reakes, asked them just that... The mission was to write words, soundbites, poems, rants and aspirations that could help inform the Cultural Plan for Taunton.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches New Theatre Initiative BARN
We are delighted to launch BARN, a three-year initiative that supports Somerset’s emerging theatre-making sector to develop, test and showcase new work in a predominantly rural context.More info