- NewsThe Arts Council Step in to Save the Sector
The Arts Council has announced new measures to support the Arts and Culture Sector, NPO’s, artists and creative practitioners during the Coronavirus outbreak, while at the same time re-imagining a powerful creative response to these challenging times. This is huge news for the sector and we advise all those effected to read this statement from Darren Henley, OBE.More info
- NewsTake Art Position Statement on Coronavirus
An update on Take Art's current position and operating status in light of the Coronavirus outbreak.More info
- NewsWanted Access Everywhere! Arts & Culture Diversity Forum for Somerset
Join the Somerset arts community on the 13 Feb to discuss disability and the arts in rural areas.More info
- NewsA New Year Means a New Take Art Brochure
The Jan-June 2020 Take Art Brochure has arrived. Read it online here, or order a copy for your home.More info
- NewsFirst Little Big Dance Artists Announced
First Little Big Dance artists announced to develop pioneering new dance works in collaboration with under-fives nationally.More info
- NewsFood and the Arts: A Marriage Made in Somerset
Take Art to launch the UK leg of International project Ruritage, aiming to support the rural areas of Crewkerne, Chard, South Petherton and Ilminster through a celebration of food and the arts.More info
- NewsARTS AS ACTIVISM
On Thursday 26 September at 4pm Take Art will be joining forces with Arts organisations across Somerset to look at how we can use the arts to influence the political agenda?More info
- NewsPlan your Autumn with the new Take Art Brochure
The New Take Art Autumn Season has arrived. Get the first glimpse of all the brilliant new shows and opportunities coming up over the next four months!More info
- NewsOur Chief Executive Ralph Lister talks to Arts Professional
With metropolitan bias prevailing at both a national and European level, the best hope for rural arts organisations lies in collaboration, argues Ralph Lister. Read the full article here.More info
- NewsThe Rural Touring Dance Initiative makes it into The Stage!
News from The Stage! With Rural Touring Dance Initiative, contemporary dance heads to the UK’s furthest corners – read The Stage interview with choreographers and organisers about the challenges and rewards of touring to far-flung places.More info
- NewsTake Art brings amazing theatre experiences to hundreds of young children in West Somerset.
During March, over 800 Early Years children in West Somerset took part in Take Art's fantastic theatre project Hopping Higher. The pioneering initiative supported schools to host an original show in their own setting or village hall, enabling more people to experience local live performances.More info
- NewsWord/Play makes it onto the BBC!
Take Art's amazing social prescribing Word/Play project had a blast of publicity last week when it made it onto BBC Somerset online and BBC Radio Somerset. Check out the story here.More info