The Rural Touring Dance Initiative (RTDI) are seeking dance artists to take part in the next round of touring during autumn 2024 and spring 2025.
This is a fantastic opportunity for artists to tour existing work to rural locations, with the support from the RTDI team.
Some of the things accepted artists will receive:
- A fee per performance of £1,000 - £1,500 including VAT, depending on scale and cost
- A bursary of up to £2000 to support the costs of adapting the show for rural touring
- The opportunity to apply for a residency within a RTDI venue to adapt your submitted production or develop new work
- A funded space on An Introduction to Rural Touring residential course
- Marketing & producing support
- Support to develop the accessibility of your touring show
- Support to minimize the environmental footprint of your show
RTDI is a national project which supports dance artists and rural promoters to make great dance performance events happen in rural spaces.
Previous artists supported by the project include Joan Cleville, Joshua Nash, Lost Dog, Protein, Aakash Odedra Company and Uchenna Dance.
For more information please visit this page.
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative (RTDI) is a national project which supports dance artists and rural promoters to make great dance performance events happen in rural spaces. The project is run by The Place in partnership with Highlights Rural Touring, National Rural Touring Forum (NRTF), Sonia Sabri Co. and Take Art. In 2022 the project was awarded grants from Arts Council England and Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to continue to support dance touring from 2022 to 2026.