- NewsMajor new national dance programme launched
A major new national dance programme launched in partnership to create a new blueprint for working with pre-school children.More info
- NewsOur Chief Executive Ralph Lister talks to Arts Professional
With metropolitan bias prevailing at both a national and European level, the best hope for rural arts organisations lies in collaboration, argues Ralph Lister. Read the full article here.More info
- NewsThe Rural Touring Dance Initiative makes it into The Stage!
News from The Stage! With Rural Touring Dance Initiative, contemporary dance heads to the UK’s furthest corners – read The Stage interview with choreographers and organisers about the challenges and rewards of touring to far-flung places.More info
- NewsAre You Early Years Ready?
On Thursday 20th June 2019 Take Art and Bristol Plays Music welcomed over 65 delegates across the country from Music Services / Music Education Hubs, music facilitators, researchers, funders and strategic partners to discuss the future of Early Childhood music education provision. Find out what happened here.More info
- NewsTake Art is Seeking New Trustees
Opportunity: Take Art is looking for new trustees from all backgrounds, ages and areas to join their dynamic and creative board.More info
- NewsWord/Play makes it onto the BBC!
Take Art's amazing social prescribing Word/Play project had a blast of publicity last week when it made it onto BBC Somerset online and BBC Radio Somerset. Check out the story here.More info
- NewsTake Art leaps, smooches and swaggers into 2019
A New Year approaches and with it the launch of our 2019 Jan-Jun programme. Check out all the brilliant shows and projects happening on your doorstep and in your community.More info
- NewsApplications for Spring Forward Dance Festival 2019
Take Art would like to encourage dance groups from all over Somerset and a few from the South West to apply to our bigger, bolder and more inclusive dance platform, taking place over three nights in March 2019.More info
- NewsMusic to our SoundWaves Network Ears!
Well-deserved success to the first cohort of qualified Early Childhood Music Educators.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches 2018 Autumn Season of Shows, Training and Workshops
Welcome to our new season of events and activity here at Take Art and throughout Somerset.More info
- NewsTake Art Receives Vital Youth Music Funding
Take Art is delighted to have been awarded £146,778 by Youth Music to undertake a three-year programme of music activity, designed to support the development of children and young people in Somerset and the South West.More info
- NewsThree new podcasts on why Performance Poetry leads to better mental health.
My husband said “what’s poetry got to do with you being ill?” And I said, “Surprisingly a lot actually.” Celebrating positive mental health and the power of poetry... listen to the podcastsMore info