- NewsThe Arts Council Step in to Save the Sector
The Arts Council has announced new measures to support the Arts and Culture Sector, NPO’s, artists and creative practitioners during the Coronavirus outbreak, while at the same time re-imagining a powerful creative response to these challenging times. This is huge news for the sector and we advise all those effected to read this statement from Darren Henley, OBE.More info
- NewsTake Art Position Statement on Coronavirus
An update on Take Art's current position and operating status in light of the Coronavirus outbreak.More info
- NewsCoronavirus Virus: Your Questions Answered
Take Art is taking all advisable measures to help minimise the risk of exposure and contagion to our employees and audiences. If you have any questions please read this document.More info
- NewsWanted Access Everywhere! Arts & Culture Diversity Forum for Somerset
Join the Somerset arts community on the 13 Feb to discuss disability and the arts in rural areas.More info
- NewsA New Year Means a New Take Art Brochure
The Jan-June 2020 Take Art Brochure has arrived. Read it online here, or order a copy for your home.More info
- NewsFirst Little Big Dance Artists Announced
First Little Big Dance artists announced to develop pioneering new dance works in collaboration with under-fives nationally.More info
- NewsFood and the Arts: A Marriage Made in Somerset
Take Art to launch the UK leg of International project Ruritage, aiming to support the rural areas of Crewkerne, Chard, South Petherton and Ilminster through a celebration of food and the arts.More info
- NewsFive years left for rural arts?
England’s rural arts leaders, including Take Art's Chief Executive Ralph Lister, have serious concerns about the future of their organisations and are calling for more support to keep going and thriving.More info
- NewsARTS AS ACTIVISM
On Thursday 26 September at 4pm Take Art will be joining forces with Arts organisations across Somerset to look at how we can use the arts to influence the political agenda?More info
- NewsLittle Big Dance - Artist Call Out!
New Opportuntity for SW Dance Companies/Artist in a major new national dance programme, launched to create a new blueprint for working with pre-school children.More info
- NewsOur Chief Executive Ralph Lister talks to Arts Professional
With metropolitan bias prevailing at both a national and European level, the best hope for rural arts organisations lies in collaboration, argues Ralph Lister. Read the full article here.More info
- NewsThe Rural Touring Dance Initiative makes it into The Stage!
News from The Stage! With Rural Touring Dance Initiative, contemporary dance heads to the UK’s furthest corners – read The Stage interview with choreographers and organisers about the challenges and rewards of touring to far-flung places.More info