- NewsTake Art Launches 2018 Autumn Season of Shows, Training and Workshops
Welcome to our new season of events and activity here at Take Art and throughout Somerset.More info
- NewsTake Art Receives Vital Youth Music Funding
Take Art is delighted to have been awarded £146,778 by Youth Music to undertake a three-year programme of music activity, designed to support the development of children and young people in Somerset and the South West.More info
- NewsThree new podcasts on why Performance Poetry leads to better mental health.
My husband said “what’s poetry got to do with you being ill?” And I said, “Surprisingly a lot actually.” Celebrating positive mental health and the power of poetry... listen to the podcastsMore info
- NewsIt's the New Take Art Website: Tell Us What You Think
We are all very excited at Take Art because we have a new look, feel and do website - and this is it! The new website, which has been created with you in mind, first went live in April 2018 and we have been tinkering about ever since - and we think we are nearly there. Now we just need you to have a look and tell us what you think.More info
- NewsOpportunity: UK Dance Artists Wanted to Create New Work for Rural Audiences
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative 2 (2018 – 2021) is looking to commission new and adapted work from UK dance companies, specifically for rural touring. Applications now open!More info
- NewsAnnual Promoters Take Art’s 2018/19 Meeting & Menu Launch
Somerset Rural Touring Promoters, you are invited to join us for a glass of wine and a wood fired pizza, plus the chance to hear about all the fantastic new shows on offer next season, as we present our 2018/19 menu for you to choose from.More info
- NewsIMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! SNOW SHOW.
ALL OF OUR WEEKEND SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SNOW. Please click here to find out more.More info
- NewsArts for All – and a Gold Star for Gina
Congratulations to Take Art’s Director of Early Years, Gina Westbrook, who has been awarded the Life Time Achievement prize at South Somerset District Council's Gold Star Awards.More info
- NewsTake Art awarded four more years of NPO Arts Council Funding
Take Art is incredibly pleased to announce that the organisation has retained its Arts Council National Portfolio Funding for 2018-2022. This award of £641,700 (£160,425 per annum) will enable us to continue to grow our vital work within the county, bringing quality performances and life changing creative opportunities and experiences to Somerset people and communities.More info
- NewsROUND 2: Barn Theatre Initiative Grant Applications.
Take Art is welcoming a new round of applications for their Barn Theatre Initiative, aimed at providing financial and professional support for the ideas, shows and projects of the Somerset Theatre community...More info
- NewsRe-imagining Taunton in Poetry
What could Taunton to be like in 10 years? Well Word/Play gathered together some local poets at Taunton Library on Friday 2 June, and with the help of performance poets Liv Torc and David Reakes, asked them just that... The mission was to write words, soundbites, poems, rants and aspirations that could help inform the Cultural Plan for Taunton.More info
- NewsTheatre for the under 5s gets a hop in the right direction
A pioneering project designed to bring theatre to young children in rural areas today announces the six companies selected to make up its inaugural touring programme. The Hopper scheme, which is being trialled in Somerset and Surrey, is aimed at bringing theatre to areas of low arts engagement.More info