- NewsMajor new national dance programme launched
A major new national dance programme launched in partnership to create a new blueprint for working with pre-school children.More info
- NewsCountryfile Exposes the Funding Crisis in Rural Areas
Watch the BBC Countryfile film on Arts in rural areas. “Art fights loneliness and isolation really well and local theatres and arts centre, it’s exactly the sort of thing we stand for. It’s not posh stuff in the evening, it’s social glue.” Actor Samuel West More info
- NewsAre You Early Years Ready?
On Thursday 20th June 2019 Take Art and Bristol Plays Music welcomed over 65 delegates across the country from Music Services / Music Education Hubs, music facilitators, researchers, funders and strategic partners to discuss the future of Early Childhood music education provision. Find out what happened here.More info
- NewsTake Art Bursary Support for Certificate For Music Educators: Early Childhood
Take Art is offering a limited number of bursaries to support a new cohort of students living in the South West who wish to study this acclaimed theoretical and practical part time course from September 2019.More info
- NewsTake Art brings amazing theatre experiences to hundreds of young children in West Somerset.
During March, over 800 Early Years children in West Somerset took part in Take Art's fantastic theatre project Hopping Higher. The pioneering initiative supported schools to host an original show in their own setting or village hall, enabling more people to experience local live performances.More info
- NewsTake Art leaps, smooches and swaggers into 2019
A New Year approaches and with it the launch of our 2019 Jan-Jun programme. Check out all the brilliant shows and projects happening on your doorstep and in your community.More info
- NewsTake Art’s work features in Early Education
Take Art was delighted to be asked to contribute to leading research journal, Early Education’s Autumn 2018 special issue on music in early childhoodMore info
- NewsThe SoundWaves Network Launches in Plymouth
Take Art launch their three-year Early Years Music project The SoundWaves Network in Plymouth, heralding a exciting future for Early Years music provision in the South West.More info
- NewsMusic to our SoundWaves Network Ears!
Well-deserved success to the first cohort of qualified Early Childhood Music Educators.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches 2018 Autumn Season of Shows, Training and Workshops
Welcome to our new season of events and activity here at Take Art and throughout Somerset.More info
- NewsSoundwaves Extra - First Findings Released
Fast on the heals of our amazing Youth Music funding news, Take Art can now announce the release of the Soundwaves Extra report, which details the status and importance of Early Years music provision in the South West and what the project has achieved thus far Read the top level findings and download the full report here.More info
- NewsTake Art Receives Vital Youth Music Funding
Take Art is delighted to have been awarded £146,778 by Youth Music to undertake a three-year programme of music activity, designed to support the development of children and young people in Somerset and the South West.More info