One Minute Theatre Festival: 2nd Call Out
A call to the theatre-making community of Somerset: could you create a one minute performance (song, dance, monologue, puppetry, mime, poem, etc) and capture it on video/mobile/tablet/laptop?
Originating from an idea by Ged Stephenson, the festival has been commissioned collaboratively with Wassail Theatre during Covid-19 lockdown for the theatre-making community in Somerset to support each other in these challenging and surreal times.
After the April call out we received 15 one minute films.
BARN Theatre Somerset You Tube: you can now view some of these at this BARN Youtube channel
We are looking for up to another 10 films by the deadline of 12 noon on Friday 19 June 2020. There will be one further call out round during the month of July.
Somerset Emergency Theatre, funded by Wassail Theatre’s ACE grant, is offering a small financial reward of £50 per film.
This is a chance for us to engage with our imaginations, make new work, share ideas and celebrate our skills and creativity to our audiences in these challenging and surreal times. It is also a good opportunity to promote your own work to a wider audience.
Let’s face it, it’s more fun than doing the dusting!
There are just a few rules, but they are important! As we can only feature up to another ten films in this round, we will be strict in our consideration of which films to upload and to offer a small financial reward:-
- The performance should last one minute (and one minute only)
- Video capture it on your phone/laptop/tablet (ie we encourage a low tech approach)
- Ensure that any audio, music, material used is in the public domain and does not infringe any copyrights
- You can submit a second film, but priority may be given to others
- You need to be based in Somerset (including North Somerset & B&NES)
- No need to rush, this round has a longer lead in time. Deadline 12 noon on 19 June 2020