Take Art's offers support, resources and opportunities to Somerset-based theatre and spoken word artists, practitioners, companies, venues and programmers.
- opportunities for professional development through workshops, masterclasses and skillshares;
- opportunities for showcasing, sharing work and rigorous debate about contemporary practice;
- offering support for the making, producing, programming and promoting of work;
- advice, signposting, networking and brokering partnerships;
- originating ideas and developing new ways of working;
- extending regional, national and international links to bring high-quality work into Somerset.
Meet the Theatre Team
Mark Helyar is Co-Director of Theatre (Drama)
He can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Peterkin is Co-Directors of Theatre (Drama)
She can be contacted by email: email@example.com
Our Theatre Projects
Currently Take Art’s BARN project supports Somerset’s emerging theatre-making sector to develop, test and showcase work in a predominantly rural context.
The Diversity Forum for the Performing Arts in Somerset enables people to network, share experiences, expertise and good practice.
Word/Play is a performance poetry on prescription project, which offers a series of workshops led by a spoken word poet to a group of adults experiencing mental health challenges. The workshops are set within a medical settings.
BARN is a three-year theatre initiative (2017-19) that supports Somerset’s emerging theatre-making sector to develop, test and showcase new work in a predominantly rural context.More info
Word/Play is a social prescribing project for people experiencing mental ill health. It uses performance poetry to empower individuals, giving them the freedom and encouragement to tell their stories.More info
InspirED is a Somerset wide education project that offers exciting and unforgettable arts opportunities to schools and Early Years settings.More info