- NewsWanted Access Everywhere! Arts & Culture Diversity Forum for Somerset
Join the Somerset arts community on the 13 Feb to discuss disability and the arts in rural areas.More info
- NewsA New Year Means a New Take Art Brochure
The Jan-June 2020 Take Art Brochure has arrived. Read it online here, or order a copy for your home.More info
- NewsFirst Little Big Dance Artists Announced
First Little Big Dance artists announced to develop pioneering new dance works in collaboration with under-fives nationally.More info
- NewsFood and the Arts: A Marriage Made in Somerset
Take Art to launch the UK leg of International project Ruritage, aiming to support the rural areas of Crewkerne, Chard, South Petherton and Ilminster through a celebration of food and the arts.More info
- NewsIn 2020 Spring Forward unites with U.Dance for the best Take Art Dance Festival Ever
Now in its 15th year, Spring Forward Dance Festival is back with an unrivaled offering to the entire Somerset and South West dance community, featuring three fabulous platform events, one of which will be the U.Dance regional showcase.More info
- NewsFive years left for rural arts?
England’s rural arts leaders, including Take Art's Chief Executive Ralph Lister, have serious concerns about the future of their organisations and are calling for more support to keep going and thriving.More info
- NewsARTS AS ACTIVISM
On Thursday 26 September at 4pm Take Art will be joining forces with Arts organisations across Somerset to look at how we can use the arts to influence the political agenda?More info
- NewsPlan your Autumn with the new Take Art Brochure
The New Take Art Autumn Season has arrived. Get the first glimpse of all the brilliant new shows and opportunities coming up over the next four months!More info
- NewsOur Chief Executive Ralph Lister talks to Arts Professional
With metropolitan bias prevailing at both a national and European level, the best hope for rural arts organisations lies in collaboration, argues Ralph Lister. Read the full article here.More info
- NewsThe Rural Touring Dance Initiative makes it into The Stage!
News from The Stage! With Rural Touring Dance Initiative, contemporary dance heads to the UK’s furthest corners – read The Stage interview with choreographers and organisers about the challenges and rewards of touring to far-flung places.More info
- NewsCountryfile Exposes the Funding Crisis in Rural Areas
Watch the BBC Countryfile film on Arts in rural areas. “Art fights loneliness and isolation really well and local theatres and arts centre, it’s exactly the sort of thing we stand for. It’s not posh stuff in the evening, it’s social glue.” Actor Samuel West More info
- NewsAre You Early Years Ready?
On Thursday 20th June 2019 Take Art and Bristol Plays Music welcomed over 65 delegates across the country from Music Services / Music Education Hubs, music facilitators, researchers, funders and strategic partners to discuss the future of Early Childhood music education provision. Find out what happened here.More info