- NewsLooking for the new Rural Touring Menu?
Somerset Rural Touring promoters can now access the 2016/17 Take Art Rural Touring Menu and begin the exciting process of choosing the best shows to bring to their village hall or venue over the next year.More info
- NewsAvril Silk Reviews Playing Maggie...
Take Art and Pip Utton have brought professional, provocative theatre to a rural location. Rejoice.More info
- NewsSpring Forward 2016 Overview
Our annual Spring Forward Youth Dance Festival has come to an end for another year. As ever it was one to remember, demonstrating that youth dance is flourishing in Somerset!More info
- NewsSouth West Theatre Symposium: How can we work together to effect change?
Take Art joined Salisbury Playhouse, Theatre Bristol and Activate Performing Arts to initiate discussions between those working in theatre in the South West at the launch of Theatre Fest West in Salisbury on Friday 18 March.More info
- NewsSpring Forward Festival 2016 is nearly here!
A spectacular festival throughout February and March celebrating youth dance in SomersetMore info
- NewsAlfred the Mouse Goes to School
An innovative new project supporting early years with their big move up to primary school.More info
- NewsOur Spring brochure is out now!
Hot off the press this week, our latest brochure covering January to June is packed with this Spring's performances, news on our projects and opportunities aplenty.More info
- NewsApprentices wanted for ZoieLogic Dance Theatre
ZoieLogic Dance Theatre are looking for 2 apprentice volunteer male dancers and a technical/production apprentice volunteer to join them for a research and Development Period at the Octagon Theatre, Yeovil for their new work 'SEVERANCE'.More info
- NewsTake Art ‘Soundwaves’ project receives Youth Music grant
Take Art has been granted £89,150 from Youth Music to expand on the Early Years Music Network in the South West.More info
- NewsContemporary dance companies join forces with the National Rural Touring Forum
A collection of eight renowned contemporary dance companies and artists are set to take dance to a new level – the rural stage.More info
- NewsTop Edinburgh Prize for Somerset's own Pip Utton
Somerset actor and playwright Pip Utton has been recognised with The Stage's Special Award at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.More info
- NewsViv Gordon, Mean Feet Dance Awarded Arts and Health South West 2015 Individual Prize
We are delighted to announce that Viv Gordon, founder and Artistic Director of Mean Feet Dance in Somerset has been awarded an individual prize of £1000, in recognition of her outstanding contribution to arts, health and wellbeing in the South West region over the last year.More info