- NewsMusic to our SoundWaves Network Ears!
Well-deserved success to the first cohort of qualified Early Childhood Music Educators.More info
- NewsTake Art Launches 2018 Autumn Season of Shows, Training and Workshops
Welcome to our new season of events and activity here at Take Art and throughout Somerset.More info
- NewsBARNfest October 2018
Save the Date. A small-scale festival showcasing theatre made in Somerset and the South West on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 October 218 in and around The Brewhouse, Taunton.More info
- NewsExciting New West Somerset Dance Project
We caught up with Stacked Wonky’s Artistic Director Sarah Shorten to find out all about their exciting new dance project with National Youth Dance Company (NYDC).More info
- NewsSoundwaves Extra - First Findings Released
Fast on the heals of our amazing Youth Music funding news, Take Art can now announce the release of the Soundwaves Extra report, which details the status and importance of Early Years music provision in the South West and what the project has achieved thus far Read the top level findings and download the full report here.More info
- NewsTake Art Receives Vital Youth Music Funding
Take Art is delighted to have been awarded £146,778 by Youth Music to undertake a three-year programme of music activity, designed to support the development of children and young people in Somerset and the South West.More info
- NewsThree new podcasts on why Performance Poetry leads to better mental health.
My husband said “what’s poetry got to do with you being ill?” And I said, “Surprisingly a lot actually.” Celebrating positive mental health and the power of poetry... listen to the podcastsMore info
- NewsIt's the New Take Art Website: Tell Us What You Think
We are all very excited at Take Art because we have a new look, feel and do website - and this is it! The new website, which has been created with you in mind, first went live in April 2018 and we have been tinkering about ever since - and we think we are nearly there. Now we just need you to have a look and tell us what you think.More info
- NewsOpportunity: UK Dance Artists Wanted to Create New Work for Rural Audiences
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative 2 (2018 – 2021) is looking to commission new and adapted work from UK dance companies, specifically for rural touring. Applications now open!More info
- NewsAnnual Promoters Take Art’s 2018/19 Meeting & Menu Launch
Somerset Rural Touring Promoters, you are invited to join us for a glass of wine and a wood fired pizza, plus the chance to hear about all the fantastic new shows on offer next season, as we present our 2018/19 menu for you to choose from.More info
- NewsSmall Steps Big Noise
Small Steps Big Noise was the South West’s biggest ever Early Years Expressive Arts Conference, bringing together 150 EY practitioners, artists, music leaders, settings, regional hubs, funders, researchers and strategic partners from all over the region. Find out what happened here!More info
- NewsIMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! SNOW SHOW.
ALL OF OUR WEEKEND SHOWS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SNOW. Please click here to find out more.More info